hiiii, I’ve been iiilll this week. however, super things can still happen when you’re ill apparently, so here we go:
1. My dad came to visit last weekend which was really nice. I can’t believe it was only a week ago that we were napping in the hot sun on Brighton beach! Especially as I’ve felt like my nose is about to fall off the past 4 days.
2. I’ve spent a chunk of this week cuddled up in a blanket watching My So-Called Life (bliss!) and as a result have been wearing a great deal of 90s fashion – plaid, baggy jumpers, and crushed velvet. I’VE LOVED IT. I don’t understand why Claire Danes and Jared Leto felt it necessary to grow up and become THIS:
WHHHYYYY? MY EYES!!
3. Beautifully unexpected dinner with old and good friends who happened to be in Brighton last night and it was so fun! Super.
4. I read a great interview with Maurice Sendak of Where the Wild Things Are fame.
5a. Great quote from original riot grrl, Kathleen Hanna. I get you, Kathleen. Illustration by dear diary.
5b. If you’re not familiar with the Ryan Gosling Hey Girl meme then… well done, you don’t spend too much time on the internet. But if you ARE familiar, then feministryangosling will be the best thing you have ever seen!
6. Peppermint tea in the Rough Trade East cafe with the gals was v. nice.
7. I am a sucker for magazines and my new fave is The Gentlewoman. I think it might be the perfect magazine. Fascinating interviews with inspiring women, beautiful photographs and styling, and nice, thick paper. Yep yep.