1. Love this video by artist Shishi Yamazaki. I’m going to Japan this week for family stuff. It’s not necessarily a happy visit, but I will definitely try and find the time to follow this lady’s example and do some shimmying through the streets of Tokyo.
2. I went out on a brilliant photography expedition yesterday with my friend DC around Abney Park Cemetary. I’ve been meaning to get to grips with my DSLR for ages and get off just shooting on auto, and I think I made some big steps yesterday with DC’s expert help! Looking forward to experimenting more.
3. I dip dyed my hair! How very Caroline Flack of me. I know it’s like, soooo 2011, but hell I wanted to try it and I like it!
4. Discovered these gals recently and love them. They’re playing May 1st in London. I wanna go!
5. General Friday Kahlo inspiration this week. What a cool mama. I want her on my jacket too.
“And don’t worry about losing. If it is right, it happens — The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away.”
6. John Steinbeck wrote a letter to his son in 1958 with advice on falling in love. It’s very good.
7. My friend Anna went to Brazil at the beginning of the year and came back with these wish bracelets for her girlfriends. We had to tie them in three knots around our wrists, making three wishes at the same time. By the time the bracelet falls off our wishes are supposed to have come true. Mine is perilously close to falling off now, and with any luck….