HELLO! We are not quite back to normal scheduling as I have the Alliance launch event tomorrow (woo!) and then I’m off to Paris for a few days on hols before returning to regular life again. But, I am stealing a few moments now to collate aaalllll the fun stuff I’ve come across or done and wanted to share over the past few weeks but haven’t had the time to! Here’s to uber wednesday.
1. If you are a teenage girl, have ever been a teenage girl, or know any teenage girls, you have to check out Rookie Mag. It’s an online magazine that I know I would have loved, loved, loved. Full of beautiful photoshoots like this one (don’t you just want to be in a girl gang?), musings, music, and advice, it’s just lovely. Read about Miranda July’s first feminist action here.
2. I’ve just finished Julia Child’s My Life in France and it might actually be one of my favourite books now! She was obviously an extremely funny lady, as you can see from these photos, and it made me want to run away and become a culinary chef.
3. I was very lucky to be a finalist in the Sheila McKechnie 2011 Campaigner awards this month, for my work with the East London Green Jobs Alliance! Check out the other finalists and winners, they are all amazing.
4. You have to listen to this, it’s only 6 minutes long and very funny. Starlee Kine’s mission to eliminate small talk from the world.
5. I’ll be moving back to London in just over a month! I am so, so sad to leave Brighton and the loveliness that is the little nest I built for myself over the past year. But work and friends and new beginnings beckon, and these beautiful photos of our capital from What Katie Does are making me quite excited actually!
6. How to get out of a creative rut – Nextness.
7. GO SEE JANE EYRE. NOW. It’s so good.
8. I’ve been listening to the Diamond Mine album by King Creosote & Jon Hopkins on repeat.
9. I wrote another blog for 10:10 – Where are the green jobs?
I’ll be back soon!