1. Yesterday I went along to 6 Billion Ways at Rich Mix in East London. Listened to a fantastic talk about Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions in regards to the Palestinian struggle, which I was really inspired by and found very informative, since I have to admit I didn’t know that much about it before. There were also speakers there from N. Ireland and South Africa who gave some brilliant insight – did you know that Nelson Mandela was originally the leader of the armed wing of the African National Congress? And that he was described as a terrorist by Margaret Thatcher in the late 80s? Fascinating.
2. Thought this was brilliant. Elsie and Emma from A Beautiful Mess make chocolate bars out of Fight Club soap moulds. So cool.
3. Had such a yummy brunch made for me this morning by my friend Laura and her boyfriend Dave. Baked eggs, courtesy of Ottolenghi. It was delicious.
4. LOVE THIS. You have to click on it to make it flashy, because I just can’t work out how to do it in this page. Sorry, but it’s worth it. Operators Are Standing By by Jean Bevier.
5. Went to a cosy house cafe this afternoon, hosted by Sarah Corbett from Craftivist Collective. There was cake (so much cake), tea, acoustic acts and generally much fun and pleasantness to be had on a Sunday, all in aid of raising money for Oxfam and celebrating International Women’s Day. Sarah had made this beautiful banner for the occasion, it says “Become Who You Are”. I want to make one myself.
6. A tattoo of Mary Wollstonecraft! So hardcore!
7. I shared a super article by Molly Lambert last Sunday… have got a little obsessed with her. Here’s her latest, Speak Now.